Applying to jobs and internships is the implementation of your career development knowledge and the career brand you have developed. There are numerous ways to locate jobs and internships, which you can discuss with a career coach in the career community in which you are interested. Students and alumni of UNC Charlotte are encouraged to use Hire-A-Niner as their starting point for locating opportunities.
All active UNC Charlotte students and graduated alumni have access to Hire-A-Niner. Newly admitted students at all levels also have access, although with some restrictions on the types of positions that they can apply for, usually on-campus jobs such as Federal Work Study and Graduate Assistant positions.
Applying to Jobs
- Almost all jobs will require a resume and/or cover letter
- Polish your social media presence
- For more information about on-campus positions, please visit the Student Employment website
- Employers will review applications for the position. This will take time. Continue applying to positions.
- While you are waiting, prepare for interviews
- Be prepared for a salary negotiation