Career Coaches will conduct career coaching appointments either by phone or video chat. Students and alumni can continue to schedule an appointment through Hire-A-Niner. Once your appointment is scheduled, instructions for connecting with your coach will be provided by e-mail.
Virtual drop-ins are available via email for these topics
- Resume or Cover Letter Review - email your resume and/or cover letter, along with any specific questions, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LinkedIn Profile feedback - email a link to your LinkedIn Profile, along with any specific questions, to email@example.com
- Interview prep - do a practice interview using biginterview.uncc.edu, then email your video set to firstname.lastname@example.org. Need help sharing your video? How to Share your Big Inteview Videos
Schedule a virtual appointment to talk about your job/internship search, career exploration, interview prep (through a mock interview), Jobzology results, and other career-related topics.
All Meet Ups will be held online with WebEx. The WebEx link will be listed in the description of each Meet Up.
Career Treks are suspended until further notice.
Students can practice interviewing online 24/7 using Big Interview.
Career coaches are also available to contact a mock interview appointment virtually via video chat. Make an appointment with your career coach in Hire-A-Niner
Mock Interviews with an employer will be conducted via phone. Information on contacting the employer will be provided to you. For questions, contact email@example.com.
presentations for faculty & Student Organizations
Classes, students organizations, and departments can still request presentations. Options include a pre-recorded video presentation or a live webinar.
If you have been laid off temporarily or hours have been reduced due to COVID-19 you may be able to receive unemployment benefits. In order to determine eligibility, you must first apply for unemployment benefits.
- NC Division of Employment Security: Create an Account
- Unemployment Benefits Due to COVID-19 Tip Sheet (from the NC Division of Employment Security)
career center recruitment services for employers
Through March 31st, our available recruitment services are as follows:
- Job Postings: We will continue to offer job postings through Hire-A-Niner. Please post your positions and we will work diligently to approve them so candidates can apply.
- On-Campus Interviewing: All interviews should be conducted via telephone or virtual method. There will be no on-site interviews during this time.
- Information Sessions: We will offer virtual options for these utilizing WebEx which the university can manage. Please contact our office if you are interested in hosting a virtual session.
- Employer Tabling Events: These are cancelled for the remainder of March. Please contact us about ways we can help promote your organization through other channels.
- Career Treks: Career Treks for the remainder of the March are cancelled.