Virtual Career Treks are engaging opportunities for UNC Charlotte students and alumni to expand their knowledge about industries, job functions, and employer cultures at companies and organizations in the Charlotte area and beyond. These short, virtual events are typically 1-1.5 hours in length and will be packed with information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- An overview of the host employer and its industry
- A panel of employees who have a variety of job functions
- An opportunity to connect in a smaller setting with individual employees via breakout sessions
Frequent Questions About Treks
A Virtual Career Trek allows you to learn about different companies and organizations through a live event with representatives from the host employer. You’ll learn about the host employer and its industry, listen to a panel of employees to learn about their daily responsibilities, and participate in small-group breakout sessions so you can meet representatives, ask questions, and network.
Virtual Career Treks mirror in-person Career Treks, but on a shorter timeframe. Virtual Career Treks are one to two hours in length and are typically offered around lunchtime.
Research the company/organization you will be visiting and develop a list of 5-10 engaging questions to ask employees during the Trek, such as
- Could you explain your organizational structure?
- How would you describe the organization’s workplace culture?
- What makes a potential employee’s resume stand out from the rest?
- What do you enjoy most about your work with this organization?
Click on one of the available Treks below, then click 'More Details' to RSVP.