The University Career Center partners with small businesses and start-ups in the area to promote experiences and opportunities to students as your organization grows. While these companies often do not meet our criteria for posting in Hire-A-Niner, we can still promote your opportunities to students who indicate they are interested in completing short-term work experiences.
A “Gig-ternship” is a short-term project that an organization might need help with and there is not enough work to meet the guidelines for a full internship but still constitutes a create learning experience for a student.
- Projects could be as little as a couple days and upwards of two-three weeks in length; just a few hours a day, or until the project is complete.
- Projects should relate to the students’ course of study and provide the student the opportunity to build career related experience have access to senior leadership, and develop skills for the future.
- A stipend is recommended for project work. If the opportunity is “unpaid”, it would be classified by our office as volunteer work.
- Due to university policy, short-term projects are not eligible for academic credit.
- Develop a business continuity plan for future events of this scale.
- Conduct data/business analysis of the impact the pandemic has on sales projections for the next 6-12 months.
- Develop a marketing strategy (i.e. PR statements, set up a social medium, and schedule of activities) for the next 6 months.
how to get started
- Submit your “Gig-ternship" here (https://forms.gle/FMemg1ZzMVgm7vfx9) for review.
- Once approved by the University Career Center, it will be marketed to students through multiple communication channels.
- Students will contact you directly with their resumes. Interview process to be determined by the organization.
We understand these are challenging times and we are committed to assisting community members. Please use this form: https://forms.gle/tkD5SvC3xt171bYF6 to submit Education "Gig" opportunities.
The University Career Center will distribute opportunities to students who self-select into our resume book system. These opportunities will distribute once per week and will consist of the information you provide on this form.