You might not realize it, but you connect with people every day. You can easily use these encounters to your advantage to learn about potential careers. For example, you have opportunities to network when you:
- Attend professional conferences, conventions, and presentations.
- Visit people at a social club, community agency, or religious gathering.
- Greet those who are sitting near you at a sporting event.
- Talk with your neighbors.
- Strike up a conversation while waiting in the check-out line at the grocery store.
- Reconnect with old friends and colleagues online.