LinkedIn is a professional networking site that encompasses a digital version of your resume, promotes the sharing of knowledge and ideas, allows you to stay up-to-date with market trends and industry information. It can also generate new employment opportunities and connections with professionals.
- Only connect with people whom you have met in person; include a note mentioning how you met (or were introduced) in the invitation.
- Add examples of your work to your profile.
- Create your own profile name: www.linkedin.com/in/johnnyexample
- Use your profile link on professional marketing tools such as a resume or business card.
- Join groups relevant to your career interests and comment and post to the groups regularly.