Career Assessment Tools
Bridges® is a career exploration and planning program supported by the College Foundation of North Carolina. Prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, staff, and parents are invited to access Bridges® through the University Career Center website. The program includes several self-assessment tools:
- Interest Profiler – find out possible careers that fit your interests
- Ability Profiler – find typical careers that fit your abilities
- Basic Skills Survey – learn sample careers that require your basic skills
- Transferable Skills Checklist – see how the skills you've learned can lead to new opportunities
- Workplace Skills Checklist – learn about examples of careers matching your workplace skills
- Work Values Sorter – connect your values with careers
Additional features related to job search and planning include:
- Career summaries and video clips
- Job search guidance tools
- Undergraduate and graduate school information
- Scholarship and financial aid information
- Employment data for North Carolina (job outlook, salaries)
Upon completion of Bridges®, you are strongly encouraged to contact the University Career Center to make an appointment with your career advisor. Your career advisor can help you better understand your results and use them to support your career planning.
Please make note of the instructions below:
- In the blue Student Sign-in box at top right select Create a New Portfolio. Then please enter the following site ID and password:
- Site ID: 1211029
- Password: charlotte
- Complete the rest of the page, creating a portfolio name and password. Select Create Your Portfolio.
- Select Exporing Careers (or Choices Explorer).
- Select Career Quiz and answer each of the questions.
- In the Career Finder section, you see the results of the assessment. Click on any of the careers to get more information. Select Print This to print a copy to talk with a career advisor about.