Meet with your career advisor to narrow your options
The University Career Center provides individual appointments to students at UNC Charlotte who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program. Our office provides individual appointments to alumni up to 5 years past graduation. Login to Hire-A-Niner and click “Meet With Your Career Advisor” to make an appointment.
What to expect:
- Sessions are about you and what is important for you. The Career Team is available to help you with areas ranging from career exploration and decision making to action planning for internships, job searching, and graduate school.
- Progress is made through active participation on your part. Come to the University Career Center ready to work and with your thoughts and ideas on your career goals!
- You are the expert on YOU. The Career Team is the expert on the career planning process. Our center is built around a number of resources to help you shape your career while at UNC Charlotte. Our job is to help you plan effectively and to find the information necessary to make informed decisions about your career.
- Our Career Team is trained to provide you with new tactics, strategies, and ideas to help you build your career.
What NOT to expect:
- We are not able to provide you with an exact list of employers, graduate programs, or jobs that are a "fit" for you. Instead, we can provide you with the resources to help you develop your own strong list.
- We do not have a "test" that will tell you what to do with your career or can we tell you what path to take. We have strategies and resources for exploring the many options you have and the paths to take to reach your career goals.
- Your academic advisor is a trained professional that can assist you with your course selection and other parameters about changing majors.
- We do not write your resume for you. Instead, we provide you with a number of resources to build your marketing brand and Career Team members on staff to provide review and formatting suggestions.