The UCC allows employers to post the following types of opportunities:
- Part-time Jobs
- Full-time Jobs (both those requiring a degree and those not requiring a degree)
- Temporary and Seasonal
- Internships (paid/unpaid)
Open to all employers interested in posting positions to recruit UNC Charlotte students and alumni with the following guidelines:
- Must have current or anticipated job openings for currently enrolled college students or alumni.
- Must be a licensed business.
- Must agree not to discriminate in any manner on the basis of sex, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, actual or perceived gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, veteran status, or genetic information, and will comply with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action laws, ordinances, and executive, administrative, or judicial regulations, orders, and decrees applicable to the employer or to the University.
- Employers with virtual opportunities must define the working location of the student (refer to Exceptions Apply to Posting Opportunities below)
- If the opportunity is a virtual internship opportunity, please refer to the Policy on Internships and Co-ops
Any posting can be placed on hold, and possibly closed by the University Career Center, if guidelines are not met.
The Following Exceptions Apply to Posting Opportunities
- Multi-level or pyramid marketing opportunities will not be accepted.
- Positions for which the work assignment is in a private residence or a residential or PO Box address is provided for the business and/or point of contact, will not be accepted. This also applies to start-up organizations that would require a brick-and-mortar location for centralized company operations.
- Positions related to in-home care or in-home employment with private individuals will not be accepted (including babysitting, senior companions, housekeeping, yard work, etc.). Positions of this type will only be listed through a licensed and bonded business or agency.
- Positions requiring students to pay money upfront or fees to be employed will not be accepted. This DOES NOT including professional licensure fees that may need to be covered by the employee (e.g., insurance licensing fees to sell insurance, etc.).
- Positions that violate copyright or intellectual property guidelines will not be accepted.
- Positions soliciting organ donations, blood donations, or clinical drug trials or studies will not be accepted.
- Positions soliciting illegal or fraudulent activities will not be accepted.
- Marijuana/Cannabis Industries: The UCC will not accept positions related to the use or distribution of recreational or medical marijuana. As the use of marijuana is illegal at the federal level, and UNC Charlotte receives federal funds, we must comply with federal law. In addition, the use of marijuana violates the Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act and continues to be banned on campus.
- Third-Party Organizations recruiting for international positions, or International Third Party Organizations, will not be allowed to post opportunities in the system.
The UCC reserves the right to deny a posting, contact access, and terminate an employer account at any time.