Mock interview with our employer partners:
Login to Hire-A-Niner and...
- Click "Events"
- Click "Career Events"
- Select a time beside a company of interest
Here at UNC Charlotte, the mock interview will consist of a 30-minute meeting with a recruiter from a company/organization. The mock interview will last for 20 minutes and for the final 10 minutes, the employer will give you feedback on both your resume and your interview skills. This program is a great way to network with employers and fine-tune your interview skills, while hopefully being a stepping-stone to finding your next opportunity. We offer both campus and virtual mock interviews. Past employer partners have included: Google, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Wells Fargo, Autism Charlotte, Clark Nexsen, Rock Hill Police Department, Charlotte Agenda, Moses Cone Health System, The Schiele Museum of Natural History, KPMG, Seacrest Studios and many more!
Mock interview with your career advisor:
Mock interviews are one hour long, and students and alumni have the option to have their interview recorded via webcam. Email your resume to your career advisor at least 3 days prior to the mock interview appointment. Professional dress is recommended but not required. Mock Interview appointments are available year round.
Schedule a mock interview appointment with your career advisor in Hire-A-Niner by clicking “Meet With Your Career Advisor.”
Practice interviewing online with Big Interview:
All UNC Charlotte students and alumni can use Big Interview to conduct free, online practice interviews with a webcam.
Features and benefits of using Big Interview include:
- Convenience: You can practice online, any time of the day or night, from the comfort of your own room.
- Interview Questions Specific to your Field: You have the option of conducting an interview with questions that are specific to your future career field. Big Interview organizes practice interview questions by industry. This allows you to create your own practice interview related to Business, Education, Technology, Sciences, Healthcare, Communications, Art, Non-Profit, Social Services, Military, Recreation, and more.
- Interviewing Curriculum: Big Interview also offers videos to guide you through the interview process. Covering such topics as what questions to ask, how to prepare for an interview, how to stand out and more!
- Negotiating Your Salary: Nervous about after the interview and negotiating your salary? Big Interview has you covered with a video curriculum that takes you through the world of negotiating and how to come out with the best possible option.
- Getting Feedback: After you conduct a practice interview on Big Interview you will have a video of the entire interview that you can access later. You can send anyone (professors, family members, friends, mentors) the link to this video and ask for their feedback on your responses and nonverbal communication. You also have the option of reviewing the final video yourself and revisiting any of your responses to improve your performance. Send Your Video to Your Career Advisor today for feedback.